How to avoid stitches & What to do if you get one?
HOW TO AVOID A STITCH:
- Strengthen your core
- Avoid big meals right before running
- Focus on your breathing
- Warm up
- Stay hydrated
HOW TO OVERCOME A STITCH:
- Stop running, and touch your toes (apparently it works every time!)
- “Exhale deeply and push your stomach out” — Top tip from couch to 5k creator, Laura Hamzic
- Put pressure on the area and massage gently.
- Stop and stretch, leaning away from the side of the stitch.
Want more top tips? Follow us on Instagram